Saturday, November 29, 2008

Day 2

Okay, so I've been holding off. I'm sorry! It's just a lot harder than I thought it would be. But I have decided to make a semi-speech, semi-commentary on today's quote:

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. -Bertrand Russell

And my response:

I can't really seem to classify this quote as funny. It has a little more of a serious edge. Anyways, on to the speech. How do we classify beliefs? Sure it's something we believe in but seriously, how should we classify it? Should we classify it by one's culture, one's heritage, one's individuality, one's religion or one's something of another? And if we choose to view one's culture, do we view the culture that the person grew up with or the culture that had been inherited by the person's parents? And yes, heritage and culture inherited are two different subjects. Heritage has to do with ancestry. Culture that is inherited is more of something you learn from your parents. Big difference. You see, the second option does not include anything about ancestry but more with environment your parents create. Then, we can argue about the pessimism about this quote. It actually reeks of pessimism. Or maybe it's just insecurity. Anyways, it doesn't sound like there's much confidence at all and that the author...oh, I'm out of time. Never mind. But it was still pretty lengthy so I'm good! Hehe....tune in for the next one (I think)!

66 posts left!

No comments:

Post a Comment