Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Asian Time

I haven't completely forgotten this blog...yet. I can assure you that soon enough, I'm going to forget. But I figured I might as well talk about: Asian Time.

Now for those who are not familiar with what Asian Time is, I'll provide you a definition: Asian Time is pretty much the standard of time true Asians follow by. Which means that I don't run on Asian Time. Asian Time is usually at least 30+ more minutes than the given time or if it's a small amount of time, at least double the given time.

Example: My mother tells me that she is going to pick me up at 3:30 when it's 3:00. She comes at 4:15. In this case, the estimated time was not doubled, but added by 1.5x minutes.

You don't have to be Asian to run on Asian Time and vice versa. I'm Asian and I prefer being early. Asian Time simply applies to times when your parents go "Okay, I'll be there in 5 minutes!" and come half an hour later. Or if they say, "I'm right around the corner..." and you can easily fill in "...5 blocks away."

Why am I writing a post on this? Well, I thought it would be rather amusing. And even if you don't run on Asian Time, it only takes practice before you know when you can apply it (ie. waiting after school, waiting for a ride, waiting for a friend to call back in "5" minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment