Monday, January 31, 2011

Optimism

It sucks. There really is no other way to put it. Sure, everyone needs a little dose of happiness in their life, but being optimistic gets you nowhere. Let me give you an example:

A senior student breezes through her first week as a second semester senior, noticing how the homework load is relatively light and that she doesn't have to do much. Attempting to be optimistic, she thinks that the rest of the school year will be like that. Now the senior student still has two classes of homework to finish while on the computer writing a blog post.

Being optimistic sucks.

There really is no other way to put it. Maybe I should stay a pessimist; better for my sanity and my hopes and dreams. Wait...being a pessimist means that there are no such things as hopes and dreams. Well that just blows.

I don't think there is a happy medium, but I can't handle optimism right now. In fact, screw to the you, optimism. It's time for me to live my life in misery. (Yay for miserable old ladies?)

No comments:

Post a Comment